tisdag 2 juni 2009

The cute, the good and the soon to be extinct

At the Arlanda airport I spotted my friend Nathalie. Turns out we’re on the same flight to Frankfurt. She is later turning left towards Singapore as I continue down to South Africa. And I have so far met two South Africans. One exceptionally nice man who sat next to me on the flight to Port Elizabeth by the name of Cheslyn. He had been up in Johannesburg for the weekend watching a rugby game. Apparently his team, The Blue Bulls, had beaten some New Zeeland team and he was quite pleased with that. Together we went thru the trauma of the 3 landing attempts with harsh humor. Him, “I better call my wife in case we don’t make it…”. Me, “Can I have your puke bag? Mine is full.” He also told me about the new football stadium being built in PE for the upcoming World Cup 2010. He gave me his card. 

I also met the agent at the airport. He is hired by the shipping line to make sure crewmembers came onboard safely. He was very upset about the plane being delayed so long and wanted to know if the pilot was a white man or a “darkie”.

I swear, that’s what he said. Can you spell See You Enh Tea? He talked some more nonsense after that but I stopped listening.

Inga kommentarer: