tisdag 2 juni 2009

The Q&A


Q: Why is this pretentious fuck writing in English? 
A: I have some friends who don’t speak my native language, Swedish, and I don’t want to exclude anyone. And besides, I really like writing in English. Furthermore, I can’t spell words like “regurgitate” without a spell checker. My current installation of a Word can only do English so there we are. In fact, I can’t even translate the word regurgitate to Swedish, and it’s like my favorite word. 

Q: Why would you even bother writing?
A: A few people have mentioned they’ve enjoyed my words before. They’ve said it, not in a sarcastic You-should-reeeeally-try-stand-up! kind of tone, but with a straight, honest face. It might be an elaborate joke at my expense in which case I am going to be very upset.

Q: Will you stand by your words on this blog?
A: Under no circumstances. I find that every word I have ever written has an expiration period of about 6 days after which I can’t say I agree with it or even stand to read it. I should probably write some sort of disclaimer. Or is that what I just did?

Q: What will you write about?
A: I dunno. Stuff. I’m on a boat. I could write some about that I suppose. But it’s going to be a bit messy this thing…

Q: Can you lick your own elbow?
A: I wish.

1 kommentar:

Creep sa...

But if you have a disclaimer saying that everything you say has an expiration date of about six days, does that mean that the disclaimer expires in six days, meaning that everything you say is true? I smell a self-referntial paradox!!!